ETCS – Specific Transmission Module (STM)22.02.2017
|As Network Rail UK prepares to rollout ETCS across its network, work is also starting to deliver rolling stock that is compatible with the new system. All new trains currently on order for the UK will be ETCS-ready, and the initial steps to upgrade some existing fleets have been taken.
The purpose of the STM unit is to manage the interface between existing national train protection systems TPWS/AWS and ETCS to provide continuous train operation on sections not covered by ETCS….
BR930 signalling relay tester22.02.2017
|The new Mors Smitt RelayDoc is designed and customised to provide controlled auditable testing of customer specific BR930/Q-Style signalling relays in accordance with their original BRB design specifications.
A variety of BR930/Q-Style relays can be tested easily and quickly using an intuitive touch screen interface allowing immediate pass/fail results.
Relay Marshalling Box22.02.2017
|Modular switching solution with up to a staggering 40 pcs. of D-U relays, housed in a 19” concept, just 3U high. Ideally suited for projects with short lead-times and last minute design changes where compact, light-weight solutions are key.
• Fast, flexible & versatile
• Free configurable up to 160 C/O contacts 10 A, 110 VDC
• Efficient line replaceable unit
Obsolescence overview relays22.02.2017
|Mors Smitt is continuously updating its relay portfolio. As announced in February 2016 several relays models are now obsolete. For below mentioned relay models we offer a last buy option before 27 February 2017. From March 1, 2017, these relay models are discontinued and cannot be ordered anymore.
ACD-U200, ACTD4-U200, PDF3-U200, TDBE-U200, TDE3-U200, UMD-U200
Suggested replacement models per part number are shown on each obsolete relay product page.
CCC certification for relays22.02.2017
|Mors Smitt has obtained China Compulsory Certification (CCC) for most of its rolling stock relays. The relays have been tested and approved on important parameters to guarantee access to the Chinese market. Each certified relay model will bear the CCC logo on its cover.
• Tested by laboratory accredited by the Certification and Accreditation Administration (CNCA) of the People’s Republic of China
• Product tested on performance, safety, EMC
• Factory inspection - Initial and regular factory inspection required
CTD4-U customized Relays (CTD4-U series)22.02.2017
|The new CTD4-U series railway timer relays are equipped with 4 changeover contacts and fully customizable concerning timing diagram and delay type. Designed for demanding rolling stock applications and can be used in all railway applications where a standard or non-standard timer function is necessary.
• Compact plug-in design, suitable for DC and AC voltage
• 4 time delayed C/O contacts or 2 time delayed C/O contacts and 2 instantaneous C/O contacts
• Delay/pulse times: between 0 s...∞ (no limits)
Wabtec acquires majority ownership of Faiveley Transport01.12.2016
|Wabtec acquires majority ownership of Faiveley Transport|
Product update: CR circuit breaker, auxiliary cover including shrouds16.06.2016
|• Auxiliary cover standard including terminal shrouds
• Extra terminal shielding
• Environmental friendly solution without glue
Product update V29 socket16.06.2016
|• Additional marking to distinguishing between terminal Row A and Row B
• Easier installation
• Two highly reliable spring clamp terminals per relay contact
New: Emergency brake handle16.06.2016
|• Hybrid solution: pneumatic + electrical system
• Or single solution: pneumatic or electrical system
• High reliable by redundant design.
• Flexible design, customization possible for retrofit purposes